Materials for Electronic Products
- Apply knowledge and understanding of materials science to electronic product development.
- Apply concepts from materials science to analyse design constraints and key cost drivers of computer memory and data storage products.
- Identify and analyse commercial issues relating to energy consumption and life cycle planning of materials for electronic products.
- Appraise and critique the historical context of the factory system, limited companies, electronic products and semiconductor fabrication.
- Research poster and presentation was due March 5, 2018 and contributed 30% to the unit mark. Students were required to make a presentation about their poster on March 12, 2018
- 90 minutes end of unit examination contributed 70% to the unit mark
- Callister, W., Rethwisch, D. (2008). Fundamentals of materials science and engineering: an integrated approach (3rd ed.). Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Hummel, R. (2004). Understanding materials science: history, properties and applications (2nd ed.). New York, NY, USA: Springer-Verlag.
- Mitchell, B. (2004). An introduction to materials engineering and science for chemical and materials engineers. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Please contact Chi Nguyen
with questions or suggestions.